[Dnsmasq-discuss] Option-252 ?

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 04:55:38 GMT 2008

2008/3/13 Phibee Network Operation Center <noc at phibee.net>:
> Hi Jasiu,
>
>  Very good your post, now the worstation get the option 252
>  and request the proxy.pac. Thanks for your help.
>
>  Now, we have a new small problems but it's not for dnsmasq,
>  i am sorry i don't know where i can sent the question.
>
>  Now with the option 252, the workstation get the proxy.pac
>  but into this proxy.pac, can i said it that:
>        uncheck "use script configuration"
>        uncheck "Use a proxy server" (specified manually) ?

No, you can't do that exactly.  The "proxy.pac" IS the script
configuration, and won't even be processed unless those boxes are
checked and unchecked respectively.  However, the script can be
configured for "no proxy".  Just return "DIRECT" for all URLs.

http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html