[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq not offering dhcp

Solomon White solomon.white at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 17:53:22 GMT 2008

Hello all--

I'm trying to get dnsmasq set up as the DNS / DHCP provider for my home
LAN.  It's working for DNS, but I'm not getting DHCP offers when I send
discover requests.

I'm using dnsmasq 2.31 on OpenBSD 4.0.  The server is also running PF, which
I initially expected to be eating my DHCP requests, but tcpdump'ing pflog
doesn't show any (related) activity.  tcpdump'ing the interface shows the
requests coming in, but running dnsmasq with "-d" doesn't show any
activity.  (I assume I should see DHCP requests / responses there)

I've tried a few different iterations of dhcp-range, dhcp-option, etc., and
I'm not seeing much in the logs.  (I see "setting --bind-interfaces option
because of OS limitations", but that's all).  Any suggestions on
troubleshooting this further?

Thanks in advance,

Solomon