[Dnsmasq-discuss] Remove router / gateway DHCP option

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Thu Jun 5 00:10:47 BST 2008

I'd like to know if there is any command-line argument that I can give
to Dnsmasq to force it to not give a router option to DHCP clients. This
is DHCP option 3.

I've seen that we can set this option with the following command-line
argument:

--dhcp-option=3,192.168.4.4

But I'd like to not have the router option handed out by DHCP at all.

I tried setting it to 0.0.0.0, but that just tells the server to use its
own IP address for that (confirmed at
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html)

I also tried -dhcp-option=3,""

But after doing that, the DHCP function stopped working altogether.

I'd really appreciate any help from someone who can tell me how to
accomplish what I'm wanting. The real trick here is that I need it to be
a command-line argument (not a config file). This is because I'm using
it, as it is integrated with dd-wrt v24.

Thanks for your help in advance!

-

Doug Mortensen

Network Consultant