[Dnsmasq-discuss] 2.43rc4

Jamie Riden jamie.riden at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:35:48 BST 2008

We're running a fairly cut-down linux, almost certainly without
capabilities. Only works if it doesn't try to drop privs.

# dnsmasq -k --log-facility=/dev/console
Jul 10 00:05:15 dnsmasq[6078]: setting capabilities failed: Operation
not permitted
Jul 10 00:05:15 dnsmasq[6078]: FAILED to start up

But runs OK as:

# dnsmasq -k -u root

though, so no problem for us. Source port randomisation looks great.

cheers,
 Jamie