[Dnsmasq-discuss] Where does the complete dump go?

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Thu Jul 24 17:00:18 BST 2008

> Three options come to mind; either
> 1) drop that threshold in syslog.conf,
> 2) add a line to syslog.conf to log all messages logged to the DAEMON
> facility (or whatever you've set with log-facility) to another file. Be
> aware that the default changes to LOCAL0 if you run dnsmasq -d.
> 3) switch to file-based logging.

Thanks! I was able to figure out where the messages are going and after some
experimentation, I've decided to switch to file-based logging. I expect that
these logs could become quite large but before I dive into the writing of
logrotate scripts, does anyone have an example I could start with?

Regards,

Brad