[Dnsmasq-discuss] illegal domain in dhcp-config directive

Jason Dixon jdixon at omniti.com
Mon Jul 28 16:46:00 BST 2008

Thanks to the recent vulnerability, I'm upgrading an older dnsmasq
system from version 2.34 to 2.45.  I've installed it and attempted to
run it, but I get the following error.

dnsmasq: illegal domain 04-06.lab.foobar.com in dhcp-config directive.

The same configuration works fine with 2.34, so I presume something has
changed in the configuration syntax or default settings.  I haven't
found anything on Google or in the FAQ about this error, nor do I see
any "dhcp-config" directives in our config files or the sample config.
Here is the relevant line from our config:

dhcp-host=00:0c:29:02:1f:06,ubuntu-8.04-06.lab.foobar.com,172.16.117.105

It doesn't appear to be anything specifically with that line.  We have a
couple hundred of these loaded by dnsmasq.  If I comment out that one,
the next preceding one will error.  I'm not experienced with dnsmasq, so
I'm putting myself at the mercy of this list.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.  :)

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon