[Dnsmasq-discuss] DBus support

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Sat Sep 6 21:30:39 BST 2008

I've just written a patch for NetworkManager to update dnsmasq's server list
using DBus. You can find it here
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-September/msg00042.html

However, it seems there's a missing detail here - it's possible to run
multiple instances of dnsmasq on the same machine (using separate
listen-addresses, etc.) but apparently only one of them can register as a DBus
listener. Is that correct? I guess it's not likely that multiple instances
would be running on a machine with NetworkManager, so perhaps this is all
irrelevant. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

E.g., if in fact you can have multiple dnsmasq instances listening on DBus,
how should NetworkManager decide which one to send nameserver updates to?
--
   -- Howard Chu