[Dnsmasq-discuss] samba and workgroups with dhcp

Adam Hardy adam.ant at cyberspaceroad.com
Mon Oct 13 13:10:08 BST 2008

Thanks for the reply.

Both dnsmasq and samba are set up by me, but the config I gave below could
easily imply something I don't intend - I'm not 100% sure on it. Maybe at best
60% :(

Shouldn't dnsmasq and the gateway DHCP server be the domain controller? And so
samba should be subordinate - OK, I see now that setting up samba with "domain
master = yes" could be bad.

What I'm fundamentally unclear about is what the workgroup is - is it just a
samba-style name for the domain - and therefore should be 'localdomain'?

Adam