[Dnsmasq-discuss] failed to bind DHCP server socket: Address already in use

Michael Rack dnsmasq.list at michaelrack.de
Tue Oct 14 10:23:17 BST 2008

I use dhcp-fwd v0.7 patched by my self to support dhcp-server override
and many other features.

But it is realy suspect that dhcp-fwd creates two identical entrys:

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67              0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67              0.0.0.0:*
udp   108324      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*

And DNSMASQ creates only one of each port (67/68) ?!? I will try to
implement the SO_REUSEADDDR option to the dhcp-fwd process and hope to
get it running :-) My C++ skills are very terrible *smile* But i think i
will do it :-)

Thanks,
Michael.