[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: using DHCP to set clients' MTU

Adam Hardy adam.ant at cyberspaceroad.com
Mon Nov 3 10:59:26 GMT 2008

Peter on 01/11/08 00:19, wrote:
> Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert wrote:
>> No, this translation is your problem!
>
> Jan you are a genius. I was so busy thinking that the modem was the bees
> knees I never stopped to ponder that there might be a few more bytes
> lost in the translation.

Modems, schmodems.

I was the OP on this thread and after much ado about my own firewall, I
discovered in a single isolated message on an obscure Russian blog (fortunately
posted in English) that my modem - a D-Link DSL-300T  - has its own firewall
with a single rule that messes with MTU. This is despite emphatic documentation
stating that it has no firewall. So every time I power cycle my modem, I have to
telnet into it and bring down its firewall. Fun.

Regards
Adam