[Dnsmasq-discuss] Is it possible to filter the allowed IP clients ?

Thierry Herbelot thierry.herbelot at netasq.com
Fri Nov 7 08:22:38 GMT 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 19:42:05 you wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Thierry Herbelot
>
> <thierry.herbelot at netasq.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm playing with dnsmasq and I wonder if it is possible to restrict the
> > IP addresses of the clients allowed to use the DNS cache.
> >
> > example : on a 192.168.X.Y network, only allow clients on 192.168.1.Z to
> > have DNS translations
>
> Mind if I ask a question here, what problem are you trying to solve?

this is just for a setup where a box will create two networks (one for fixed
employees, the other for temporary guests, with DHCP address allocation), and
only the employees may have access to the Internet.

but certainly, dnsmasq by itself is not the best place to filter : the
suggestion of using a separate firewall makes absolutely sense.

	Thanks for the answers

	Thierry