[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple Resolv Files?

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Nov 7 12:20:00 GMT 2008

Hallo, Simon,

Du (simon) meintest am 07.11.08:

>> Is it possible to read nameservers from multiple resolv files? For
>> example from the normal /etc/resolv.conf and the
>> /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.

> Yes, you can specify as many as you like and dnsmasq will use the one
> which was altered last.

Ok - I changed "/etc/resolv.conf" last ...

But there is (or may be) another problem:
The ppp daemon may change "/etc/ppp/resolv.conf" (you can tell him what
and where to change). And in this file you cannot tell "domain xyz" and
the LAN nameserver, the ppp daemon writes it completely new.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut