[Dnsmasq-discuss] DCHP server not assign IP addresses

Troy Piggins troy at piggo.com
Mon Nov 17 23:05:29 GMT 2008

My dnsmasq 2.41 doesn't seem to be assigning DHCP IP addresses.
Been running the server for some time, but mainly for the DNS
side of things.  The IP addresses for most machines on my network
are static, so hasn't been a problem.  But I'm trying to connect
to a NAS (WD My Book World Edition) which I believe needs a DHCP
server to get an IP address, and I can't interface with it to set
it up without one.

Here are the settings from my /etc/dnsmasq.conf

  domain-needed
  bogus-priv
  strict-order
  interface=eth1
  no-dhcp-interface=eth0
  addn-hosts=/etc/hosts.mvps
  expand-hosts
  domain=lowstump.local
  dhcp-range=192.168.0.50,192.168.0.150,infinite
  dhcp-host=00:11:2F:38:62:78,192.168.0.249

Any ideas?

--
Troy Piggins | http://piggo.com/~troy
RLU#415538                                                      ,-O   (o-    O