[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: "dhcp-ignore = myTag, #known" was not what I thought

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Fri Dec 5 16:42:13 GMT 2008

> In the local wired net I'm using one class "C" network, but I have 2
> different ranges (with different treatment in my firewall). I want to
> give IP addresses in one range only to MACs I know, and in the other
> range to others...

Why make this more complicated that it needs to be?

Make the range for the MACs you know only big enough for the MACs you know.
You have to edit the file every time you add one so expand the range then.
What this doesn't do is allow for non-consecutive addresses in the known
range, but if you have the case where the known addresses must remain fixed
per machine, then just assign addresses on each machine manually.

Regards,

Brad