[Dnsmasq-discuss] A problem with kpac_dhcp_helper, dhcprelay, and dnsmasq

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Jan 3 18:30:20 GMT 2009

A further thought on this: even if there were enough information in the
DHCPINFORM request to return a reply (like when there's no DHCP relay in
use), dnsmasq will not do so since the 127.0.0.1 address doesn't fall
into a dhcp-range. I assume, since you were using ISC dhcpd without a
relay, that ISC dhcpd does return a reply in this case.

That's probably sensible behavior, and I'll modify dnsmasq to do the same.