[Dnsmasq-discuss] Help me configure dnsmasq for this tricky situation

Ed Blackman ed at edgewood.to
Thu Jan 29 22:12:39 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:37:58PM +0000, Simon Kelley wrote:
>Ed Blackman wrote:
>> What I'd like to do is configure dnsmasq to serve the addresses of hosts
>> on my company's internal network via VPNDNS, but I do NOT want to
>> consult my company's DNS for all of my queries while the VPN is up.
[...]
>A solution to this problem, or something very like it, was achieved here:
>
>http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2007q3/001631.html
>
>there are further interesting discussions in the archive a few days
>before that.

The script attached to that message works great with one modification:
my company's VPN sends something unhelpful in $CISCO_DEF_DOMAIN
(subdomain.example.com, instead of example.com), so I had to hardcode
setting the $CISCO_DEF_DOMAIN to something useful, but otherwise it
works great.

Thank you!

Ed