[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPV6

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Thu Apr 2 01:55:38 BST 2009

Thank you Richard for your comments.

But that doesn't help with explaining how to use the DNS portion
(configuration). With IPv4 there are time server, dns search orders,
etc that can be sent to the client when it connects via DHCP, but if
DHCP doesn't exist anymore for IPv6, how is that information sent to
each client?

How is the DNS server made aware that the client has connected?

Philippe