[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPV6

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:48:43 BST 2009

Those are all part of DHCP.  dnsmasq isn't capable of DHCPv6, you'll need to
configure your client some other way (like running a DHCPv6 server or manual
configuration).
I don't know what you mean by "How is the DNS server made aware that the
client has connected?", since DNS connections between clients and servers
use UDP which is connectionless (in general only zone transfers between peer
servers are TCP).  The client isn't connected, it just sends a datagram
containing a request and dnsmasq sends a response back to the address whence
the datagram came.