[Dnsmasq-discuss] Same IP for a range of MAC addresses?

Stephen Lee splee at patchcomputers.com
Fri Apr 3 20:42:09 BST 2009

Hi,

Is it possible to for dnsmasq to assign the same IP to a range of MAC
addresses? I have a linux box running dnsmasq that needs to assign the
same IP to whichever dhcp client it happens to be connected to. The
problem is that after the first lease is issued and I reconnect to another
client device with a different MAC address (before lease time is up),
dnsmasq complains that the IP is already leased to the previous MAC
address and that no address is available. Here are some config settings:

dhcp-range=192.168.1.10,192.168.1.10,15m
dhcp-host=00:11:22:33:*:*,192.168.1.10,15m
cache-size=0

Thanks for any suggestions.
Stephen