[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP not working for netmask 255.255.0.0?

A C agcme at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:45:12 BST 2009

I was trying to stretch out my internal IP space a bit by switching from a netmask of 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0 so I could divide up services by a larger subnet (servers on 10.0.0.x, IP phones on 10.0.1.x, etc.).  I'm using dnsmasq on a Linksys WRT54G and have been doing so with no problems until I changed the netmask.  As soon as I did that, my one wireless machine would not acquire a lease.  I don't see how dnsmasq could even be related but I thought I'd ask here because that's the only service that was disrupted and the only change I've made to the router in several years.

Thanks

-Alex