[Dnsmasq-discuss] patch proposal: getent support for ethers

Gabriel Winckler winckler at campogeral.com.br
Sat Jun 27 19:12:20 BST 2009

Hi again,

> An addition  of  DBus methods which allow dhcp-host-like configuration
> to be supplied would seem to be a winner for this, IMHO.

If I understand correctly, this still require that the full "database"
has to be updated to dnsmasq before the lease.

My goal is a mechanism that query a backend or a script for the value
if not found. It seams to be a different scenario.

This is not possible by Dbus interface, is it?

Thanks,

Winckler