[Dnsmasq-discuss] using dnsmasq to restrict dns resolution to only certain domains
mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:51:51 BST 2009
Stupid question :)
Can I configure dnsmasq to restrict dns resolution for only specific domains?
I think the answer is "no", as I couldn't find any option in dnsmasq.conf to do
the same. Still wanted to check with the experts here.
Here's my requirement:
* I have a small device with to communication interfaces - lets call
them if1 and if2.
* if1 is connected to say a PC and if2 is connected to a dsl modem/router.
* I want that the PC host, when using this device, should connect to
only 1 server on the internet (say myserver.net).
* The PC cannot use IP addresses directly as IP routing between the 2
interfaces on the device is disabled.
* If the PC tries to resolve any other public server, it should fail
(something like how we force a dns resolution with the "address="
Please pardon me if this sounds crazy! :)
Any helps really appreciated.
More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss