[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq should support duplicate ip addresses in /etc/ethers or warn about them

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sat Jul 4 21:10:55 BST 2009

How does dnsmasq behave if there are multiple lines in /etc/ethers which
reference the same ip address (with different mac addresses)?

It looks to me as if dnsmasq would just use the last one. I would like to see
that both items would be valid (e.g. laptop with wlan+lan always gets the same
ip without any client-side configuration a la client-id). If you don't like
this, please add a warning while parsing /etc/ethers so that the administrator
will be aware of this problem....

fs