[Dnsmasq-discuss] Best way to assign different static IPs on different VLANs?

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:47:29 BST 2009

dnsmasq will only consider address matches from the same subnet as the
local IP address(es) on the interface where the request arrived.

But you may have to use dnsmasq configuration (dhcp-host) instead of
/etc/ethers, because as you say /etc/ethers doesn't provide space for
multiple IPs.  dhcp-host can match based on MAC address instead of
client id.