[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq should support duplicate ip addresses in /etc/ethers or warn about them

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun Jul 5 07:17:37 BST 2009

Carlos Carvalho wrote:
> This can be done putting more than one mac address in the same dhcp-host
> line. It has the additional benefit of transitioning the same lease
> from one mac to the other.

Something like this?
--dhcp-host=<mac1>,1.2.3.4 --dhcp-host=<mac2>,1.2.3.4

However yesterday I spent some hours because I mistyped an IP address so that
I had two lines with the same ip address. dnsmasq just used the last line
which is where the trouble started for me. What would have helped me is a
warning that stated that I have a duplicated line in /etc/ethers.

fs