[Dnsmasq-discuss] ext. tftpserver doesn't boot

Lammert Slofstra lslofstra at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:01:03 BST 2009

First let me explain te situation :

I've got a Asus router which is running dnsmasq en tftp-hpa where each client that makes contact with the asus is booting fine.
With this line :
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,asus,192.168.1.1

On a other server i've got also tftp-hpa running where no client can reach the tftp server.
With this line :
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,,192.168.1.98

On the client a only see

TFTP.

filesize = 0 buffsize= something

think I missed something because too me it's like the client is
searching on the asus for a tftpboot server but the  config file
explicity says the tftpboot server is on 192.168.1.98 so it tries
something and then gives a timeout after sometime.
When I'll do a
tftp localhost on the other server an then a get pxelinux.0 I'll
perfectly receive the file so the tftp server is running fine.

What did I configured wrong in dnsmasq.conf ?

Gr. Lammert