[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmask problems/questions

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:49:26 BST 2009

On Fedora11, dnsmasq-2.46-2.fc11.i586 :
I have restart dnsmasq several times per day
because firefox fails to resolv the url, and
thunderbird fail to connect to the mailserver (gmail).

I have to repeatedly run
sudo service dnsmasq restart

in order to get things working again.

My /etc/resolv.dnsmasq contains

search sbcglobal.net
nameserver 151.164.8.201
nameserver 65.68.49.6
nameserver 66.73.20.40
nameserver 68.94.157.1
nameserver 68.94.156.1

And /etc/resolv.conf contains
nameserver 127.0.0.1

And /etc/dnsmasq.conf contains only one setting:
resolv-file=/etc/resolv.dnsmasq

When I first boot up, dnsmasq is running, but with arguments
that are not set in the dnsmasq.conf file. I do  not know
where it is getting those arguments. Also, after bootup,
I cannot resolve ANY internet address.
As I stated above, I have to  sudu service dnsmasq restart
in  order to be able to resolve addresses.
After the restart, ps -wwef | grep dnsmasq  shows it
running without ANY command line args, but works for
a while only.

So, I do not know what is wrong with the conf file.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JD