[Dnsmasq-discuss] router won't query itsself

Santiago Zarate santiago at zarate.net.ve
Wed Aug 12 07:08:22 BST 2009

I just tried this... and found out that my dnsmasq wont use specified address in my
configuration:

address=/test/192.168.1.150

but adding this entry to my /etc/hosts works perfectly... note that i have domain-needed
and bogus-priv commented (also triied with them uncommented)

If adding the "test" record to your /etc/hosts is fine for you... that's a good thing to do
then... but to other dudes out there... is there a solution which implies no /etc/hosts
interaction?