[Dnsmasq-discuss] Kinda like subnetting?

Christ Schlacta aarcane at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:08:00 BST 2009

I want to configure dnsmasq to issue IP addresses in various ranges
based on client type or location.

I have an entire /24 for my network, and want to keep it that way,
however, I want to specify clients IP addresses based on various chriteria.

server systems should recieve an IP address in the range of 10.0.0.1/26,
and known wired and wireless clients (trusted laptops and workstations)
in the range of 10.0.0.64/26.  Finally, any un-known client should be
issued an IP address in the range 10.0.0.192/26.  as this is largely an
organizational tool, and these systems are all in the same physical
network, I want them to all be given their address in the 10.0.0.1/24
subnet, and know that as their broadcast domain.

the question is, will dnsmasq let me configure it in this fassion?  I'm
fine with entering servers and trusted workstations manually.

also, if anyone knows, will shorewall match IP addresses masked in that
fassion as well?  10.0.0.64/26, when the interface is a /24..