[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP options, in particular setting default route

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Aug 14 11:03:51 BST 2009

I'm pretty sure dnsmasq can do what I want but I'd just like to
confirm the details of how to do it.

I want dnsmasq to set default routes for DHCP clients, so I need to
use --dhcp-option, so far so good.  However the extra bit I'm not
quite clear about is that I want to set different default routes for
different clients.

So I need something like:-

    --dhcp-option = <network id>,option:router, 192.168.1.1

for each client (or list of clients given by the network id) that
needs to use default route 192.168.1.1.

What I'm not quite clear about is what the network id looks like
and/or if I need to set it myself using other dnsmasq arguments.
Can someone elucidate this for me a little please.

--
Chris Green