[Dnsmasq-discuss] using dchp-option 121 breaks default route used with public address range

Tim Allingham tim at theallinghams.com
Mon Aug 17 22:57:12 BST 2009

I'm not sure if this issue is being caused by my ignorance, or if its
actually a bug/issue with dnsmasq

what I'm trying to achieve is routing particular public addresses via a
certain router - essentially need to push out a static route to a
machine connected to 2 networks,  both with internet access, and
enforcing a connection to the mail server of one ISP to be routed via
the correct connection.

when I add the following line to dnsmasq
dhcp-option=121,61.9.168.0/24,192.168.10.30

The default route is lost on the client, leaving me with no routing
rules for public addresses outside of the 61.9.168.0/24 address range.
adding the line
dhcp-option=3,192.168.10.30

has no effect on the routing either.  is there any reason that I can't
force routing in this manner, or is there something else I'm missing?

Cheers

Tim Allingham