[Dnsmasq-discuss] macport installation not starting

B. Kamer post at bushbaby.nl
Thu Sep 3 22:10:35 BST 2009

Hi all, new to dnsmasq and run into a few questions that I can't seem
to find an answer for....

I'm on OSX Snow Leopard and have installed the latest version via
macports

First problem, dnsmasq does not start automatically

I have run the following command to install the startup script :

	sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.dnsmasq.plist

however that script references a wrapper script that references the
following non existing file.

	/opt/local/etc/startup/dnsmasq.sh

I have search for examples of such a file, but can't seem to find
anything... What need to be in this file? And why wouldn't that be
included with the macports installation?

I can start dnsmasq manually with

sudo dnsmasq

how would I stop/restart it manually?

Second issue :

	with the default installation macport installation dnsmasq tries to
load /opt/local/etc/resolv.conf which should be /etc/resolv.conf

so i've uncommented in /opt/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf to override that

	resolv-file=/etc/resolv.conf

anyway could this be automated for macports installations?

thanks

bas