[Dnsmasq-discuss] Setting BOOTP "magic cookie"

Tyler Reese tyler.reese at taqua.com
Fri Sep 4 18:23:25 BST 2009

I'm trying to construct a dnsmasq BOOTP reply to match what I am getting using the bootp-dd2 server.

In a wireshark BOOTP trace, it shows a "Magic cookie" attribute which are the first 4 bytes of the "Bootp vendor specific options".  When using bootpd, I can use 'vm=rfc1084' in the desired entry in /etc/bootptab.  This results in the 4 bytes being set to 0x63825363.  After these 4 bytes, the rest of the options follow...and they are decoded in the wireshark packet view.

Using dnsmasq, what is the equivalent way to set those first 4 bytes to 0x63825363?  I am able to set the rest of the following options using dhcp-option, but I can't figure out how to set those first 4 bytes.

Thanks,
Tyler

The information contained within this e-mail message, including the information contained in any attachments, is considered confidential information of Taqua, LLC, and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately delete this e-mail and any attachments.