[Dnsmasq-discuss] MAN Page Link Broken? and redundancy question

Robert Boerner robert.boerner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:08:54 BST 2009

Hello,

First, it appears (at least to me) that as of right now the link to
the online version of the MAN page simply leads to a blank page
(http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html). Can
anyone else confirm?

Second, I tried looking through the mailing list and other pages but I
have (what I hope) a simple question about configuring dnsmasq:

I have the software running (very well I might add) on a Marvell
Sheevaplug. I ideally would like to have two of these inexpensive
devices running to provide redundancy. Is there a way to configure two
concurrently running instances of dnsmasq (one each on a physically
separate device) for the same DHCP scope so that if one instance fails
the other takes over? I saw this can be done with the ISC DHCP daemon
but I like dnsmasq better :-)

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for your work on this application.

Bob Boerner