[Dnsmasq-discuss] MAN Page Link Broken? and redundancy question

Robert Boerner robert.boerner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:18:04 BST 2009

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am in fact using a separate router as the gateway. I like the idea
of splitting the pool, but that brings up a follow-on question...what
about static reservations I have set? Can I simply have them on both?

That also brings up yet another question...is it 'wrong' to have
static reservations assigned to addresses that are within the normal
scope? I know best practice is to have them designated outside, but I
am trying to replace a Windows box in an environment where people have
been assigning static reservations within the regular DHCP scope for
years. I don't want to have to redo everything.

Thanks again for the help.