[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq seems to ignore or not wait for DNS servers behind a VPN

Tim Allingham tim at theallinghams.com
Sun Sep 13 12:33:42 BST 2009

I know I've had a similar issue with openVPN paired with a local dnsmasq
server, but the issue didn't seem to be with dnsmasq in the end, I found
that if I tried  to use the shortform (ie some-laptop) it would fail,
but with the full domain (some-laptop.mydomain.com) it would succeed
with the lookup, not sure if this helps but it solved the problem for me
both in a dnsmasq and a dhcpd network.

Cheers

Tim