[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS server changing -solved

nitmd ourspamtrap at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 8 21:11:23 BST 2009

I was having trouble with my dnsmasq server being ignored, discovered it was because my windows machine was changing my dns server addresses without my knowledge.  I found out this is because I am using the dyndns updater, and had the "internet guide" enabled.  This apparently causes dyndns to change your server settings to use their server, eliminating the settings you have put in.  If you use that updater, watch for the option to enable/disable this service when you install.