[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple resolv.conf files ...

Clinton Lee Taylor clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:26:34 BST 2009

Greetings ...

 Got to thank Simon for some really great work ... DnsMasq has made my
life so much easier for so long, thanks does not seem enough ...

 Been looking into creating a Linux Router that can be used for
internet connection fall over, when the primary internet connection
fails, I would like to have the router switch to the backup.  I know
that DnsMasq can't really help with this, but, I'm looking at making a
second connection, using 3G ...

 So, my problem is that without making very complicated scripts, could
we not make DnsMasq be able to read multiple resolv.conf type files

 The reason I would like this, is that each internet facing interface,
using something like DHCP, would have their own DNS server list that I
could get DnsMasq to read/use, so that DNS queries would be sent down
each active internet interface ...

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT