[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple resolv.conf files ...

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:07:38 BST 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Clinton Lee Taylor
<clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings ...
>
>  Got to thank Simon for some really great work ... DnsMasq has made my
> life so much easier for so long, thanks does not seem enough ...
>
>  Been looking into creating a Linux Router that can be used for
> internet connection fall over, when the primary internet connection
> fails, I would like to have the router switch to the backup.  I know
> that DnsMasq can't really help with this, but, I'm looking at making a
> second connection, using 3G ...
>
>  So, my problem is that without making very complicated scripts, could
> we not make DnsMasq be able to read multiple resolv.conf type files

Simon already has this covered, read your man page, which says
"Dnsmasq can be told to poll more than one resolv.conf file".

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

You'll solve your problem a lot faster than waiting for an answer from the list.