[Dnsmasq-discuss] Home network

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:12:09 BST 2009

No, you have only one routable IP address, so your entire network
appears to the outside world as one computer (the router).  But it can
forward incoming connections to another computer, either all to a
single computer or based on port number.  This is outside the realm of
dns, A records don't carry any port number information at all (SRV
records do, but most software doesn't use those).

You'll be using iptables for directing incoming connections.  Good
search keywords: "+iptables +dmz"