[Dnsmasq-discuss] Logrotate again

Tim Allingham tim at theallinghams.com
Tue Oct 27 23:51:00 GMT 2009

Have you tried restarting the service after the logrotate?

It sounds like the file handle is being kept open by dnsmasq, rather
then opened and closed per write.

Restarting the service should kick it back onto writing into the new
file, as the handle will be re-initiated.  You can configure this as a
post-rotate action in your logrotate conf.

Cheers

Tim