[Dnsmasq-discuss] two stupid questions

Santiago Zarate santiago at zarate.net.ve
Fri Nov 20 02:49:28 GMT 2009

>1.
>The '--test' option as described in the manpage doesn't appear to do
>anything (on my Mac OS X 10.5-based box); am I doing something wrong?
>shouldn't the command be:
>
>/usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq --test

Actually the --test option works fine for me...

santiago at braindeath:~$ dnsmasq --test
dnsmasq: sintaxis correcta.

santiago at braindeath:~$ /usr/sbin/dnsmasq --test
dnsmasq: sintaxis correcta.

also, my dnsmasq version is:

santiago at braindeath:~$ dnsmasq -v
Dnsmasq versión 2.50  Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Simon Kelley
Opciones de compilación IPv6 GNU-getopt DBus I18N DHCP TFTP

>2.
>I'm unclear on how to review the logs - I see references in the
>documentation to sending SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 commands but don't
>understand HOW to do that.

Its not exactly a command, its a signal... i use htop to send signals to some process and
then watch the log for changes... in OSX, i have no idea... but looking on google might be
a good idea...  i have few mac pc's at office.. if i remember... ill check later...

--
Santiago Zarate
santiago at zarate.net.ve
(+58) 4129864175