[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using the same IP for the wired and wireless interface of a laptop

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Sat Nov 28 17:44:00 GMT 2009

Hi List,

I'm trying to bind two MACs which are the wired and the wireless
interface of a laptop to one IP by specifying two related lines in
/etc/ethers and one related line in /etc/hosts but it seems only the
first MAC works.  I guess dnsmasq overrides the first with the second.

It'd be nice to use the same IP for the laptop regardless whether the
wired or the wireless interface used, altough I'm not sure that this
is a really good idea because when both of the interfaces are active
this can lead to troubles.

What do you think?

--
Laci  <http://monda.hu>