[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS pattern response

Perette Barella perette at barella.org
Fri Dec 4 04:06:32 GMT 2009

I think there's a misunderstanding on how the WPAD DNS version operates. The "wpad.domain.localnet" is used by the browser at startup to locate the proxy configuration file which applies to all domains.  You don't need a separate wpad.google.com and wpad.amazon.com for every domain users are trying to connect to.

If for some reason your local hosts are configured with different domain names (and therefore looking up wpad.google.com or wpad.amazon.com), I think we need more explanation on just what strangeness you've got going on.

Perette

You can do the same thing by