[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS pattern response

Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert redbully at cc.hs-owl.de
Fri Dec 4 11:33:45 GMT 2009

Simon Kelley schrieb:
> Eric Laganowski wrote:
>> I guess I am not communicating this well. The desired dnsmasq
>> behavior would be to reply, say, with 192.168.1.1 to any request
>> starting with "wpad.", not just local domain, so if, say my domain is
>> domain.local, dnsmasq responds with 192.168.1.1 to both
>> wpad.domain.local and wpad.google.com
>>
>> -Eric
>
> That's not possible. If one wanted to implement it, the logical way
> would be to do full regexp pattern matching on the domains. That has
> been suggested in the past, but I've always resisted it on the grounds
> that it's overkill.

But doesn't mean there is no patch.
I have this laying around for some time, here for dnsmasq 2.50.

This way one can write:
address=/:^wpad\..*:/192.168.0.1
or something like that...

Note: This patch is not that well tested...

[snip]

> Simon.

Greetings
	Jan

--
Miksch's Law:
	If a string has one end, then it has another end.