[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS pattern response

Eric Laganowski eric at laganowski.net
Fri Dec 4 17:40:53 GMT 2009

Santiago Zarate wrote:
> add an IPTABLES rule.... and that's it..
>
> if i'm not mistaken:
>
> # DNAT port 80 request comming from LAN systems to squid 3128
> ($SQUID_PORT) aka transparent proxy
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $LAN_IN -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
> --to $SQUID_SERVER:$SQUID_PORT
> # if it is same system
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTERNET -p tcp --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-port $SQUID_PORT
>
> Taken from here:
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-setup-transparent-proxy-squid-howto.html
I do really appreciate your help guys. I was trying to be as
dnsmasq-centric as possible, so some stuff was left out.
Another thing that I am trying to accomplish is to make IWA work and
SQUID fake_ntlm_auth authenticator working for accounting purposes.
Transparent proxying won't help in this scenario unfortunately.
-Eric