[Dnsmasq-discuss] Not Resolving DHCP addresses

Andy Leak andy at r210.com
Thu Dec 24 01:54:31 GMT 2009

Thx for your reply...

>nslookup(1) is buggy and not a good tool. I recommend that you become
> >familiar with host(1) and dig(1). All three are provided by BIND. The
> >ISC folks have threatened to drop nslookup.

Thanks for that tip.  I'll study host and dig...

> >You looked, and at the time, "xxx" was in the lease file? I bet it
> >wasn't.

No - it was in the lease file - I'm sure of it.  And I watched the dnsmasq
log file as the addresses were handed out.  And the addresses in the lease
file matched the address I saw when running 'ifconfig' on the console.

In the course of debugging, I re-assigned the DHCP address over and over.
(by running 'sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart' on the )  Could frequent
re-assignment have caused some sort of problem ??