[Dnsmasq-discuss] TFTP server - write requests

Bob Barnes code at deodar.org.uk
Tue Jan 12 10:54:02 GMT 2010

Hello Simon et. al.

I am wondering how you feel about implementation of the OP_WRQ write request in dnsmasq's TFTP server.

I'm using dnsmasq in my home network where it has already given several years of trouble-free service. Amongst other things, I run a mythtv system. One of my devices is based on minimyth, which allows a diskless machine to be a myth box, and loads files with TFTP. All of this works perfectly with dnsmasq, but minimyth also provides some features (e.g. codec download) which need the TFTP write operation.

Was OP_WRQ something you've deliberately not implemented (for example due to security, complexity or other concerns), is there generally not enough need for it, or could it be added to the wish list?

Kind regards
Bob Barnes

--
Bob Barnes