[Dnsmasq-discuss] Linux and MacOS cannot get DHCP address

Chris Blake chris.blake at tauspace.com
Wed Feb 3 09:53:40 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

> This smells like the exact mirror image of
> http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2010q1/003575.html
> the windows clients will be demanding broadcast replies, whilst the Linux
> and MacOS ones will get unicast. If you have firewall configuration in place
> that blocks the unicast replies (connection tracking?) then you'll see such
> symptoms.
>
> As a quick check, add
>
> dhcp-broadcast
>
> to /etc/dnsmasq.conf to force broadcasts always. If the Linux and MacOS
> clients now work, then I'm right.

Hi Simon, thank you for your reply,

I added the line you suggested to dnsmasq.conf and restarted dnsmasq,
but it failed with :

[root at xavier ~]# /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart
Shutting down dnsmasq:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting dnsmasq:
dnsmasq: missing parameter at line 9 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
                                                           [FAILED]

Do I need to add anything to that command ?

--
Regards

Chris Blake