[Dnsmasq-discuss] DCHP answering every local request. Even if it doesnt exists

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:24:58 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Santiago Zarate <santiago at zarate.net.ve> wrote:
> Hmm i have that enabled... but it still happens :/ and who's answering is

bogux-nxdomain needs site-specific setup, you can't just "enable" it.

> the server... i also have the domain-needed part, so when i try to reach zhs
> for example, who answers is my local server... and not the upstream...

dnsmasq acts as a caching dns proxy, so the reply comes from dnsmasq.
That isn't the same as originating in dnsmasq.  Have you used
wireshark or another packet capture tool to see whether dnsmasq
consulted and got the bad information from upstream?

Or you could have a problem in your dnsmasq configuration.  So far you
haven't provided any details at all that would let us help you.